[Histonet] AO microtome

Liette Tougas ltougas <@t> dawsoncollege.qc.ca
Wed Jan 12 14:12:53 CST 2011

Hi everyone,

At our College some of the microtomes we teach microtomy with are good old 820 AOs!  We have 6 that were impeccably maintained and work very well.  However, one of them is very stiff but, again, provides very good 5 um sections.  It had been put away but, as a new teacher to this course, I was wondering if any of you would have an idea, other than oiling and greasing, which has already been done, of what could help the handwheel behing less hard to turn.  I do not see anyone working on it more than 30 minutes, as it is now!

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Liette Tougas,
Medical Laboratory Department
Dawson College, Montreal