[Histonet] Stupid, stupid static!!

Johnson, Nacaela Nacaela.Johnson <@t> USONCOLOGY.COM
Thu Jan 6 15:36:15 CST 2011

I am also having issues with static, but only on my particle blocks.
This happens in the summer as well.  The static is actually "in" the
block.  The core biopsies cut wonderfully.  Does anyone else run into
this problem?  I can see the effects of the static when I'm embedding,
the particles float to the edges of the mold instead of in a clump.

Thanks,

Nacaela Johnson
Histology Technician
KCCC Pathology
12000 110th St., Ste. 400
Overland Park, KS 66210
Office:  913-234-0576
Fax:  913-433-7639
Email:  Nacaela.Johnson <@t> USOncology.com

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
sgoebel <@t> mirnarx.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2011 1:15 PM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Stupid, stupid static!!

So where the microtome is here that I have to use we have to wear those
blue hospital booties and disposable lab coats (the white paper type
ones).  With me and several other people walking around in those booties
the amount of static electricity is to say the least frusterating!!
Does anyone know of anything I can do to get rid of the static?

Thanks

Sarah Goebel, BA, HT(ASCP)

Histotechnologist

Mirna Therapeutics