[Histonet] RE: Stupid, stupid static!!

Weems, Joyce JWeems <@t> sjha.org
Wed Jan 5 13:21:34 CST 2011

Dryer sheets... And can you ground the microtome? Wire from metal to metal like a gas line or faucet, etc?

Sorry for your frustration!! J

Joyce Weems
Pathology Manager
Saint Joseph's Hospital
5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
678-843-7376 - Phone
678-843-7831 - Fax

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of sgoebel <@t> mirnarx.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2011 14:15
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Stupid, stupid static!!

So where the microtome is here that I have to use we have to wear those blue hospital booties and disposable lab coats (the white paper type ones).  With me and several other people walking around in those booties the amount of static electricity is to say the least frusterating!!
Does anyone know of anything I can do to get rid of the static?

Thanks

Sarah Goebel, BA, HT(ASCP)

Histotechnologist

Mirna Therapeutics

2150 Woodward Street

Suite 100

Austin, Texas  78744

(512)901-0900 ext. 6912

Confidentiality Notice:
This e-mail, including any attachments is the
property of Catholic Health East and is intended
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
It may contain information that is privileged and
confidential.  Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please delete this message, and
reply to the sender regarding the error in a separate email.