[Histonet] Diff quik and rapid H&E billing for touch preps

Konop, Nicole NKonop <@t> chw.org
Fri Feb 25 08:36:37 CST 2011

Happy Friday!

I am wondering if anyone can give me feedback in regards to touch prep billing when using diff quik and rapid H&E staining.  Our facility uses both during frozen section.  I am wondering if I can bill 88333 twice per part (one for rapid H&E, one for Diff quik) and then additional stains as 88334.  Since they are two separate stains, even though they are touch preps, I am thinking I should be able to bill them individually as 88333 and if I do additional stains they would be billed as 88334.  Any feedback is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Nicole Anne Konop BS, HTL(ASCP)
Histology Team Lead
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
(414)266-6580 Direct Line