[Histonet] CAP

Alminde, Lea S Lea.Alminde <@t> tuhs.temple.edu
Thu Feb 24 08:27:16 CST 2011

How are you all responding to the Document Control Question  and do you have a sample you can share? Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Angela Bitting
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 2:51 PM
To: histonet; Akemi Allison; Jesus Ellin
Subject: Re: [Histonet] CAP

I did notice CAP inspectors concentrated more on safety this time around.

>>> Akemi Allison <akemiat3377 <@t> yahoo.com> 2/23/2011 11:50 AM >>>
We were given the new CAP checklist.  I totally revamped our SOP Manuals, ALL QC forms, etc. to comply.

This is the 1st Childrens Hospital CAP inspection I have undergone.  We are
inspected by other Children Hospital inspecting teams.

After all the hard work, they did not go through any of our SOP's, QC manuals,
Special Stains, validation protocols manuals for either histology or the IHC
lab.  Very odd indeed.

They spoke with the AP manager for our department only, except to ask one of the
histology techs how we disposed of our hazardous waste. Stay tuned till after
the summation.
Akemi Allison BS, HT(ASCP)HTL