[Histonet] Digital Pathology/Telepathology

Andrew Byrnes a.byrnes <@t> accelpath.com
Wed Feb 23 07:35:22 CST 2011

Dear Histonet,

Please don't take this as spam.  I am just gathering some information...

I am curious to know if any of you are currently working with digital
whole slide scanners and what your experience has been to date.

Additionally, my company provides telepathology services by putting a
digital scanner into your lab allowing our pathology group to access
electronic requisitions and digital slides remotely.  We then return a
report electronically within 24 hours.  All is stored on our servers
for secure access from anywhere at anytime.  The idea is to allow easy
access to our fully sub-specialized pathology group by any
laboratories that may have a need for more consistent pathology
coverage or if there are quality issues.  Same concept as
teleradiology (Virtual Radiologic, Nighthawk Radiology) which is
implemented in many hospitals throughout the US.  If interested, our
website is www.accelpath.com

Would love to hear your thoughts on these subjects... digital path and
telepath.

Have a great day!
Andrew Byrnes
AccelPath