[Histonet] Histotech Needed on FL Gulf Coast
alyssa <@t> alliedsearchpartners.com
Mon Feb 21 10:33:26 CST 2011
Position: Histology Technician, Histotechnician, Histotechnologist, Histologist
Location: Panama City, FL
Schedule: Alternates between two shifts. Monday-Friday, 5am-1:30m, and
7am-3:30pm. Day Shift hours.
· Perform routine and complex histology procedures utilized
in pathology diagnosis.
· Aid clinical practitioners in confirming or ruling out
diagnoses, monitoring chronic disease states, and analyzing the
effects of medical therapies.
ESSENTIAL CORE FUNCTIONS:
· Uses knowledge of laboratory science to perform the most
complex clinical testing as defined by the Clinical Laboratory
Improvement Amendments (CLIAA '88) providing safe and effective
· Maintains strict safety and infection control techniques at all times.
· Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in
relationships with internal and external customers.
· Participate in Quality Improvement activities as assigned.
· Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising
patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
· Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant
medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which
result in patient harm.
· Uses occurrence reporting system to report potential patient
· Demonstrates knowledge of Laboratory Information System.
· Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Vocational / Technical
- 2 year / Associate Degree
- 4 year/Bachelor's Degree
- License / Certification
- Florida Licensure as Clinical Laboratory Technologist / Supervisor /
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes Basic English possessing the basic skills necessary
to meet the needs of the position
- Basic computer skills
- Analytical, mathematical, and organizational skills
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family,
internal and external partners needs
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to work with hazardous material and utilize personal
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
PTO, 401(k), medical and dental plans.
Compensation and benefits offerings for affiliate employees go beyond
traditional benefit packages to give you more comprehensive coverage and
assistance for everything you need to stay happy and healthy at work and at
Through a combination of core and elective benefits, offers industry-leading
compensation, comprehensive medical and dental coverage, generous retirement
plans, life insurance, short- and long-term disability plans, flexible
spending accounts, tuition assistance, continuing education and leadership
development, childcare assistance, adoption benefits, and discounts on
select goods and services.
Employee Health Assistance Fund, Promise Fund, and the Hope Fund.
Please send updated resume, salary requirements to
Alyssa <@t> alliedsearchpartners.com for initial prescreening. Thank you!
**If you wish to no longer receive emails from Allied Search Partners please
reply with “Remove.” *
Alyssa Peterson, Director of Candidate Recruitment
Allied Search Partners
This email including its attachments is intended only for the confidential
use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message
or its attachments is prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please notify us immediately, and delete this message and its
attachments permanently from your system.
More information about the Histonet