[Histonet] Wage question for Wisconsin

sgoebel <@t> mirnarx.com sgoebel <@t> mirnarx.com
Wed Feb 16 08:56:20 CST 2011

At least you have a union!!

Sarah Goebel, BA, HT(ASCP)
Histotechnologist
Mirna Therapeutics
2150 Woodward Street
Suite 100
Austin, Texas  78744
(512)901-0900 ext. 6912

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Ingles
Claire
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 6:48 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Wage question for Wisconsin

The answer to that question may have to wait a week or two. At least
here at the UW. Our wonderful governor is trying to get rid of the state
workers unions and collective bargaining. He is trying to push it
through (it was just introduced this last Friday), and the vote is
slated for later this week. The techs at the UW hospital have
fortunately signed their contract that is good until the reopener in
1013 and we are not strictly state employees. However, the way things
are looking, it is not out of the question that he may also try to void
our contracts.  Our pay MAY go up, but we will no longer have much, if
anything, for benefits.  Don't count on sending your kids to the UW
colleges if this goes through.
Sorry, I'm fighting mad right now. I'm not usually big on the unions,
but this is HUGE for millions of Wisconsinites. GGRRRRR!
Claire

Were there any other Wisconsin techs at the rally today?  Even the
Police and Firefighters unions were down there!