[Histonet] Decal Solution for Bone Marrows

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Sat Feb 12 10:30:40 CST 2011

I use 5% formic acid, you can make it or purchase Immunocal from Decal
Chemicals, it is slower than the rapid decal solutions but much better for
IHC and FE (although we used to have to do Fe stains on the smears or clot
because besides the decal, iron can be washed out in tissue processing).

Regards,
Patsy

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech
12635 Montview Blvd. Ste.215
Aurora, CO 80045
720-859-4060
fax 720-859-4110
www.ihctech.net
www.ihcrg.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Marcia
Fisher
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2011 12:07 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Decal Solution for Bone Marrows

I would be most interested in finding out what other labs are using to
decal the bone marrow biopsy cores.  The current decal solution we are
using is too strong and affecting the Fe stains and some IHC stains.
The decal solution we use for regular bone is great.  Routinely we decal
the core for one hour.  We tried 45 minutes but the cores are still too
crunchy.  And I prefer not to face off the block and float on 5% HCl for
20 minutes.  Thanking you in advance.

M. Fisher

El Centro Regional Medical Center

ECRMC Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail is for the sole use of the
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, PLEASE contact the sender
and promptly destroy this e-mail and its attachments.