[Histonet] RE: Decal Solution for Bone Marrows

Setlak, Lisa LSetlak <@t> childrensmemorial.org
Fri Feb 11 13:21:31 CST 2011

We use "Immunocal" and we get ours from American Mastertech. We decal the cores for 3-3.5 hours. I can't speak to the Fe stains, but it does not interfere with any IHC's we do on them.
Lisa V.
Children's memorial Hospital
Chg., IL

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Marcia Fisher
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2011 1:07 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Decal Solution for Bone Marrows

I would be most interested in finding out what other labs are using to
decal the bone marrow biopsy cores.  The current decal solution we are
using is too strong and affecting the Fe stains and some IHC stains.
The decal solution we use for regular bone is great.  Routinely we decal
the core for one hour.  We tried 45 minutes but the cores are still too
crunchy.  And I prefer not to face off the block and float on 5% HCl for
20 minutes.  Thanking you in advance.

M. Fisher

El Centro Regional Medical Center

ECRMC Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, PLEASE contact the sender and promptly destroy this e-mail and its attachments.
??