[Histonet] FFPE tissue - sucrose fixing necessary?

Abbey Mortimer A.Mortimer <@t> latrobe.edu.au
Wed Feb 9 20:21:54 CST 2011

Hello helfpul Histonetters!
I am curious about your formalin-fixed paraffin embedded (FFPE) tissue protocols. If the tissue has been fixed with saline and paraformaldehyde during perfusion, then further fixed in paraformaldehyde for 24 hours, do you still utilise a sucrose wash before running it through the automatic tissue processor? Or do you not need this step? I have heard mixed responses about this and wonder if any of you have had experience with this!

Thanks so much,
Abbey