[Histonet] High Complexity Testing

Sheila Fonner sfonner <@t> labpath.com
Wed Feb 9 09:39:13 CST 2011

I would just like to thank everyone for all of your comments regarding the
high complexity testing issue.  I obviously opened a can of worms on that
one!  I think I understand it a little better now as I have come to the
following conclusion:  Although CAP requires strict guidelines and
documentation regarding optimization, validation, controls, lot testing and
storage (all of which are done by a tech.), the end result is the reading of
the slide by a pathologist, who gets the credit for the high complexity
testing.  All of our hard work that provides the slide to him/her is
considered a high complexity "task" or specimen processing.  If any of you
are asked this question in the future I think you will all have a better
understanding of how to answer.  I'm most grateful for the input.  Thanks
again.

Sheila