[Histonet] IHC validation

Sally Price sprice2003 <@t> gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 22:37:39 CST 2011

Liz:
I'd like to know more about these recommendations.  Could you provide a
journal reference to the paper from CAP?
Thx,
Sally

------------------------------

Message: 15
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 16:19:53 -0700
From: "Liz Chlipala" <liz <@t> premierlab.com>
Subject: RE: [Histonet] IHC validation
To: "Weems, Joyce" <JWeems <@t> sjha.org>, "Joe Nocito"
    <jnocito <@t> satx.rr.com>,    "Histonet" histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Nope that's the recommendation for everything, in the paper they state
additional development is required for prognostic markers. Once you have
validated an antibody it only requires 3 tissues when you get a new lot
number:  1 strong positive, 1 weak to moderate positive and 1 negative.
>From how I read the article its 25 tissues and then 3 tissues, it does
not talk about slides so it is possible to put multiple tissues on one
slide.  Again these are just recommendations; I do not think that there
is a set standard yet.

Liz

Manager
Premier Laboratory, LLC