[Histonet] Cassette labeling

Sebree Linda A LSebree <@t> uwhealth.org
Tue Feb 8 16:02:26 CST 2011

Linda A. Sebree
University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
IHC/ISH Laboratory
DB1-223 VAH
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792
(608)265-6596

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Lee
Mayhew
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 3:55 PM
To: Histonet
Subject: [Histonet] Cassette labeling

Hi Histonetters,

At my hospital, we are having a discussion about how to label cassettes.
I have worked at 2 hospitals, and they each do it a different way.  Our
cassette labeller will print either way.

Could you please indicate which way you do it at your site, A or B.

     A......When the cassette is open and sitting on the bench facing
you with the lid on the far side and the surface for writing on is
closest to you,  the surgical number is upside down.

     B.....When the cassette is open and sitting on the bench facing you
with the lid on the far side and the surface for writing on is closest
to you,  the surgical number is right side up.

Thanks in advance.

Lee Mayhew MLT
St. Josephs Hospital
Hamilton, ON Canada