[Histonet] High Complexity Testing

Martha Ward mward <@t> wfubmc.edu
Tue Feb 8 13:16:52 CST 2011

I completely agree!!!

Martha Ward, MT (ASCP) QIHC
Assistant Manager
Molecular Diagnostics Lab
Dept. of Pathology
Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center
Winston-Salem, NC 27157
336-716-2104

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Dawson, Glen
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 1:40 PM
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] High Complexity Testing

Alright, if IHC is not high complexity testing, CAP should cut that massive part of their inspection in half and concentrate more on the pathologists' ability to accurately interpret the staining.  Too much CAP regulation, Proficiency Testing & validation requirements involved if all IHC is is part of "Processing".

My Opinion,

Glen A. Dawson
Milwaukee, WI