[Histonet] High Complexity Testing

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Feb 8 10:31:58 CST 2011

When a "machine" is doing the test, there are stringent provisions as to the preparation and validations of the test.
Done manually, it requires a trained technologists and, yes, they are high complexity tests (both IHC and FISH, and their variations).
René J.

--- On Tue, 2/8/11, Sheila Fonner <sfonner <@t> labpath.com> wrote:

From: Sheila Fonner <sfonner <@t> labpath.com>
Subject: [Histonet] High Complexity Testing
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 7:45 AM

Hello All,

I would really appreciate it if anyone has information on whether IHC/ISH
are considered high complexity testing for histotechs.  Our pathologist
believes that ALL histology low complexity testing since a "machine" is
doing the work.  Can anyone help me out with some guidelines, literature,
etc. that says otherwise?  I would really appreciate it.  We just want to
know which one it is.

Thanks so much Histoland!