[Histonet] Amylase Digestion for glycogen

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Sat Feb 5 10:42:57 CST 2011

You are dealing with synonyms of the same enzyme but the "amylase" protocol always is slightly more complex.
Stick with "diastase" and, please, never use your own saliva for this procedure!!!!
René J.
--- On Fri, 2/4/11, Ruppert, Amysue <ruppert.amysue <@t> marshfieldclinic.org> wrote:

From: Ruppert, Amysue <ruppert.amysue <@t> marshfieldclinic.org>
Subject: [Histonet] Amylase Digestion for glycogen
To: "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Date: Friday, February 4, 2011, 7:03 PM

Hello,
We are looking to switch from malt diastase digestion for glycogen to Amylase digestion. I have the new protocol worked up, but one of the Pathologists I work with would like to have an idea of how many labs out there are using Amylase instead of malt diastase for their PAS/D method.
If you use amylase for the PAS/D method, could you please let me know who you are and the institiution?
Much appreciated.

amysue ruppert
Histology lab
Marshfield Labs
Marshfield WI

The contents of this message may contain private, protected and/or privileged information.  If you received this message in error, you should destroy the e-mail message and any attachments or copies, and you are prohibited from retaining, distributing, disclosing or using any information contained within.  Please contact the sender and advise of the erroneous delivery by return e-mail or telephone.  Thank you for your cooperation.

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----