[Histonet] Where can "Fast Blue" (Diamidino compound 253/50) be obtained?

koellingr <@t> comcast.net koellingr <@t> comcast.net
Sat Feb 5 09:20:01 CST 2011

Hello Per,

Have no particular interest in neuronal retrograde tracing and have certainly never used anything for that. Just general scientific curiosity and a few minutes time awaiting a home project.  Found Fast Blue (synonym: Diamidino compound 253/50) on Sigma website cat # F5756. Good luck.

Ray

Ray Koelling

PhenoPath Labs

Seattle WA

----- Original Message -----
From: "Per Magne Knutsen" <pknutsen <@t> physics.ucsd.edu>
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Friday, February 4, 2011 11:22:41 PM
Subject: [Histonet] Where can "Fast Blue" (Diamidino compound 253/50) be        obtained?

Hi,
I've searched every catalog and website for "Fast Blue" (Diamidino compound
253/50), widely used for neuronal retrograde tracing. One recent paper using
this compound is:

Porreroa et al "Mapping of fluorescent protein-expressing neurons and axon
pathways in adult and developing Thy1-eYFP-H transgenic mice", Brain
Research, 1345, 59-72

where the authors as many before them cite "Dr. Illing GmbH & Co. KG,
Groβ-Umstadt, Germany" as the origin. I have been unable to locate this
particular vendor. I've written the authors and am waiting for an answer.

In the meanwhile, can anyone on this list help?

Kindly,

*Per M Knutsen
*Department of Physics
University of California, San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093-0374

T: +1 858 405 2868
E: pknutsen <@t> ucsd.edu
W: http://pmknutsen.blogspot.com
*