[Histonet] Artifact or dirt on slides using a tape cover slipper?

Laurie Colbert laurie.colbert <@t> huntingtonhospital.com
Fri Feb 4 14:44:19 CST 2011

Nancy,

We get areas that appear brown when the tape doesn't lay flat or adhere
to the slide.  Most of the time this happens on decal slides or hard
tissue where the tissue may be lifted a little.  Try recoverslipping.
Also, if it's not happening on these types of tissue, you may need more
xylene dispensed.  Sometimes, we just have to resort to the
old-fashioned way of coverslipping with mounting media. I've never used
the Klinipath tape.  I prefer to stick with Sakura's brand - don't want
to take any chances!

Laurie Colbert

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Nancy
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2011 12:12 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Artifact or dirt on slides using a tape cover
slipper?

At our facility with have 2 Tissue-Tek automated tape cover slippers.
The
brand of tape that we use is made by a company called Klinipath,  KP
Tape
(dist. By Mercedes Medical).

On occasion we get complaints that the slides appear to have areas of
dirt
or dust on them.  It appears to be on the inside.

  Has anyone else that uses a tape cover slipper ran across this
particular
problem? If so, what did you do to troubleshoot?  If it is the tape, is
there another brand or type that is preferable?

Nancy Mitchell

Pathology Arts, Inc

Director of Sales and Marketing

951-270-0605