[Histonet] Temporary histology position in San Diego Ca.
JWatson <@t> gnf.org
Thu Feb 3 15:57:22 CST 2011
GNF is currently seeking a temporary Scientific Associate to join the Histology
group, for the beginning of March 2011 through the end of July 2011. Perform
necropsies, tissue processing, slide sectioning, routine staining, special
staining, immunohistochemical staining and complex procedures necessary in
preparing specimens of animal tissue in a research environment.
Associate's or B.S. degree in a biological science or completion of a NAACLS
accredited School of Histotechnology is required. American Society of Clinical
Pathologist (ASCP) certification as a HT or HTL is required. Applicants must
demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job
as outlined in the position description. The employee must have 2-5 years of
experience in the Histology lab performing animal techniques, a wide variety of
manual histochemical and enzymatic staining, automated and manual
immunohistochemistry, and automated and manual in-situ hybridization.
1. Identifies significant tissue elements microscopically to determine quality
2. Necropsy, fix, trim, process, and embed animal tissue for paraffin and
3. Performs Microtomy on rotary microtome, cryostat, and be able to use a
4. Prepares dyes and solutions in order to perform routine, special, and
5. Have experience in histochemical stains and enzymatic histochemical stains.
Be able to trouble shoot and correct problems with histochemical stains. Have
experience in Immunohistochemical staining and other advanced histological
6. Maintains lab work area by performing preventative maintenance on
instruments and equipment and keeping the work area clean and orderly.
7. Operate Slide scanning Instrumentation.
Interested candidates please send a copy of your CV with a summary of research
experience, and three references.
Job Code: JW10-013
Contact:E-mail: j... <@t> gnf.org<mailto:j... <@t> gnf.org>
James Watson HT ASCP
Facilities Manager of Histology
GNF Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation
Fax 858-812-1915<mailto:858-812-1915jwatson <@t> gnf.org>
jwatson <@t> gnf.org
More information about the Histonet