[Histonet] calibration of pH meter

Kuhnla, Melissa Melissa.Kuhnla <@t> chsli.org
Wed Feb 2 05:26:12 CST 2011

Is anyone aware of any actual standards?  I routinely calibrate the ph
meter each time we use it. I calibrate, and then take the reading of the
newly made buffer.  Is this sufficient? I recently had my compliance
officer tell me the this was not sufficient. She thinks we need to
calibrate, take a reading of a solution with a known ph, and then take
the reading of the new solution.  What is everyone doing??????? Thank
you,
Melissa

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Jan
Shivers
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 3:13 PM
To: Susan Bachus; histonet; Akemi Allison
Subject: Re: [Histonet] calibration of pH meter

For our equipment quality control, we're required to record every single

calibration value each time we calibrate/verify pHs.  The document is
reviewed regularly to see if there are any abnormal out-of-range pH-ing
trends starting to happen.  We also aren't allowed to put the probe into
the
various pH buffer bottles, but need to pour buffers into separate
beakers
and use them once, then toss.

Jan Shivers