[Histonet] calibration of pH meter

Florence Leomiti batesf <@t> ohsu.edu
Tue Feb 1 15:37:41 CST 2011

Hi Akemi

I calibrate it weekly. And also document each calibration as you know with the muscle panels especially for the ATP's they have to be accurate.
Flo

Florence Leomiti    HT (ASCP)
Neuromuscular Lab Tech.
Phone 503-494-6781
Fax 503-418-4249
Pager 16822

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Amos Brooks
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 12:16 PM
To: akemiat3377 <@t> yahoo.com; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] calibration of pH meter

Hi Akemi,
     I calibrate every other day that it is in use (Mon, Wed, Fri). I would
do it more often if it were required. As it is there is very little drift
from day to day. I have noticed more drift if I don't use it one day and it
goes to day three. If I'm making something up that I know to be extremely
finicky I calibrate it again just for good measure. Honestly calibration
should be so routine that it is almost automatic.

Amos