[Histonet] stains for visualizing new bone growth

Liz Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Tue Feb 1 14:23:00 CST 2011

Robin

I'm not sure how accurate this is, but we do a lot of massons trichrome
staining in rat muscle pouch studies (they inject into the muscle pouch
something that will induce bone formation) and we have noticed that new
bone formation has a tendency to stain blue rather than red.  You could
also try a Goldners trichrome too.  That is supposed to stain new bone
formation.

Liz

Manager
Premier Laboratory, LLC