[Histonet] calibration of pH meter

Jon St.Onge Jon.St.Onge <@t> dako.com
Tue Feb 1 10:51:51 CST 2011

Akemi,

We calibrate our pH meters daily using standards of pH 4.0, pH 7.0, and pH 10.0 to cover the range of our testing.
Check the owner's manual for your pH meter and follow the calibration procedure and recommended occurrence.
The pH standards can be purchased through many suppliers.

Jon Henry St. Onge, HT(ASCP)
Quality Control Supervisor
Dako North America

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Akemi Allison
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 5:54 AM
To: histonet
Subject: [Histonet] calibration of pH meter

Good morning everyone,

I am curious how frequently you all calibrate your pH meter,
particularly when you make up solutions for muscle bx's?  Do you do
it daily, weekly, or monthly?  I am trying to come up with an
acceptable standard in a clinical histology lab, verses a biotech
lab, which makes-up large quantities of reagents on a daily basis.

Thank you in advance for your information,
Akemi

Akemi Allison BS, HT (ASCP) HTL
Director
Phoenix Lab Consulting