[Histonet] in situ buffer??

Merced M Leiker leiker <@t> buffalo.edu
Tue Feb 1 09:55:30 CST 2011

I've made my own in situ buffer (for chromosome probes) using a simple
recipe:

5ml 2xSSC pH6.8
5ml formamide (deionized)
1g dextran sulfate (DS) Sigma D6001

Warm the 2xSSC and add the DS to dissolve. Add formamide. Sterile filter.
Aliquot and store at -20 C or lower.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Merced

--On Tuesday, February 01, 2011 12:52 PM +0200 louise renton
<louise.renton <@t> gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings, Oh mighty histonetters!
>
> As per previous posts I am re-embarking on doing in situ hybridization. I
> will be using (hopefully) DIG labelled oligo probes, and ultimately
> visualizing with DAB.
>
> My question is....are there a commercially available hybrizidation
> buffers? looking at the extensive list of ingredients it would be far
> easies (and cheaper) to get ready made stufff
>
> best regards
> --
> Louise Renton
> Bone Research Unit
> University of the Witwatersrand
> Johannesburg
> South Africa
> +27 11 717 2298 (tel & fax)
> 073 5574456 (emergencies only)
> "There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls".
> George Carlin
> No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
> However, many electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Merced M Leiker
Research Technician III
Cardiovascular Medicine
348 Biomedical Research Building
State University of New York at Buffalo
3435 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14214  USA
leiker <@t> buffalo.edu
716-829-6118 (Ph)
716-829-2665 (Fx)

No trees were harmed in the sending of this email.
However, many electrons were severely inconvenienced.