[Histonet] Cutting speed

Kim Donadio one_angel_secret <@t> yahoo.com
Sat Dec 31 11:18:21 CST 2011

My only advice to you Teresa is to take a deep breath, calm down and do the best you can. Dont take your eye off the specimen you are dealing with. It's someones life. You might hear people screaming about time, they need this, they need that. but You as a healthcare professional have the ONE most importnat task you really need to focus on, and thats making the best slide you can from each specimen you deal with. Focus on that, keep your chin up and know that you are doing the patients a service by being there doing good work while dealing with hard times.

Best of wishes

Kim D

________________________________
From: Teresa Moore <tmoore9k <@t> gmail.com>
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2011 8:44 AM
Subject: [Histonet] Cutting speed

I graduated from a histology program in June/11 and just got a job a week
ago.  My speed on the microtome is not great.  Everyone says it takes time
but I feel my technique may be wrong.  To make matters worse the only other
histotech in the lab is going on vacation the third week of January and I
will be alone!!!!! I don't have the overall flow of the lab down yet and
have no idea how they expect me to handle the cutting all by myself.  My
biggest concern is my cutting speed right now.  How long does it take
(approx) to do 40 blocks an hour.  Currently, I'm about half that!  I'm
panicking and I've only been on the job 8 days.  Help!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Teresa Moore