[Histonet] Cutting speed

Teresa Moore tmoore9k <@t> gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 07:44:53 CST 2011

I graduated from a histology program in June/11 and just got a job a week
ago.  My speed on the microtome is not great.  Everyone says it takes time
but I feel my technique may be wrong.  To make matters worse the only other
histotech in the lab is going on vacation the third week of January and I
will be alone!!!!! I don't have the overall flow of the lab down yet and
have no idea how they expect me to handle the cutting all by myself.  My
biggest concern is my cutting speed right now.  How long does it take
(approx) to do 40 blocks an hour.  Currently, I'm about half that!  I'm
panicking and I've only been on the job 8 days.  Help!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Teresa Moore