[Histonet] Control Slides

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Dec 23 09:39:53 CST 2011

There is an additional reason why I never bought control slides, and it refers to fixation/processing.
How those tissues used as (+) control were fixed? How were they processed? It is the same problem when we received slides or blocks from another laboratory to be IHC tested as a consult.
I was always sure that the tissues I used as (+) control were fixed and processed exactly the same as my patients' tissues and this is another advantage for making my own controls and avoiding (+) controls from other sources.
René J.

--- On Fri, 12/23/11, Nancy Schmitt <Nancy_Schmitt <@t> pa-ucl.com> wrote:

From: Nancy Schmitt <Nancy_Schmitt <@t> pa-ucl.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Control Slides
To: "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Date: Friday, December 23, 2011, 10:10 AM

Peggy/Rene
NSH has a tissue control bank - is there any reason why you couldn't contact them?  We also make up our own control because we have access to tissue.  The following link should take you to the NSH page with the information to get you going.

http://www.nsh.org/committee-detail/1046

Merry Christmas
Nancy
Dubuque, IA