[Histonet] control block log

Richard Cartun Rcartun <@t> harthosp.org
Wed Dec 21 18:28:19 CST 2011

I use FileMaker Pro software to keep track of our IHC controls.  I created a control tissue file that includes the following:  Control #, Case #, Tissue site, Diagnosis, DOS, Time in formalin, Processing date, Number of blocks submitted, and then a "Comment" field for the immunoreactivity for each antibody tested.  Every file can then be searched by anyone of the data fields.  For example, if we need a control for Parvovirus we would type in "Parvovirus" in the "Diagnosis" or "Comment" fields and then every control tissue tested positive (or negative) for Parvovirus would be identified.

Richard

Richard W. Cartun, MS, PhD
Director, Histology & Immunopathology
Director, Biospecimen Collection Programs
Assistant Director, Anatomic Pathology
Hartford Hospital
80 Seymour Street
Hartford, CT  06102
(860) 545-1596 Office
(860) 545-2204 Fax

>>> <Stephen.Clark1 <@t> hcahealthcare.com> 12/21/2011 10:25 AM >>>

Hi.  I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share a copy of their control block log.  I'm creating a new one and want to see what others are doing, for reference.  I'm just looking for a blank one.
Thanks,

Steve Clark
Histology Supervisor
Grand Strand Regional Medical Center