[Histonet] e-cadherin

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Sat Dec 17 15:49:39 CST 2011

Hello Friends,

I am having a problem with mouse anti e-cadherin staining, I use novacastra
e-cad and have not had problems with it before on human samples with Leica
Bond Refine hrp/dab detection, but what I am trying to stain now is mouse
xenographs with human tumor cells in them, so for all the mouse on mouse abs
on these I have been using with great success the new Thermo MOM kit which
uses a rodent block and then mouse labeled polymer hrp.  This has worked
well for me on several mouse antibodies mostly from novacasta such as
vimentin, CK AE1/AE3, beta-catenin, and many others but not the e-cadherin.
We tested our human skin control with our usual Leica Refine hrp/dab
detection and it stained, it was a little weak but it did stain, we ran the
same tissue using the rodent block and MOM labeled polymer and it was
completely negative, so the rodent block must be blocking that mouse
antibody completely.  If anyone has experience with doing ms e-cadherin on
mouse xenographs with success could you please advise me?

Happy holidays everyone,

Cheers,

Patsy

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC