[Histonet] Dishwasher

Melisma Ramos melisma.ramos <@t> gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 16:52:53 CST 2011

Hello fellow histonetters,

I am doing some research on a suitable dishwasher for our lab and I'm
looking to see if any of you use or have used household dishwashers in the
lab.
I have looked at a few models of laboratory grade dishwasher and they are
EXPENSIVE!
Would a regular household dishwasher suffice?
>From your experiences, do the household dishwasher clean the glasswares
properly?
Are there CAP regulations against using a household dishwasher in the
laboratory?

We still plan using laboratory grade dishwashing detergent, of course,
soaking the soiled glass/plasticware in the appropriate cleanser before
running it in the dishwasher.
We are still going to have a deionized water rinse and testing the pH of
the glass/plasticware after each cycle.
Aside from possible CAP violations (if any), i don't see why a household
dishwasher wouldn't work?

Please, your opinions are much valued.
Thank you all for your time..

Melisma