[Histonet] automatic processor solutions renewal

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Dec 15 08:57:43 CST 2011

The amounts of reagents in a tissue processor are always proportional to the processing capacity of it. For example a VIP for 100 cassettes has smaller containers/reagents amounts that another VIP with a capacity of 300 cassettes.
My procedure was to eliminate the first reagent in a series (for instance the first alcohol in the series) when I reached the total capacity of the processor even if it took to runs to reach that capacity. Then I moved forward the others in the series, and added "fresh" (pure) reagent in the last in the series. It always worked fine for me.
René J.

--- On Thu, 12/15/11, Jose Luis Palazon Fernandez <jluis.palazon <@t> icman.csic.es> wrote:

From: Jose Luis Palazon Fernandez <jluis.palazon <@t> icman.csic.es>
Subject: [Histonet] automatic processor solutions renewal
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Thursday, December 15, 2011, 3:21 AM

Hello Histo-fellows

I would like to ask you how often you change the solutions on the tissue processor?. Do you change it after you have processed a certain amount of samples? or use other criteria to do decide when to do the changes?

Many thanks in advance for sharing the tips.

José Luis

Dr. José Luis Palazón Fernández
Instituto de Investigaciones Científicas
Universidad de Oriente
Boca del Rio-Isla Margarita-Venezuela
Direccion actual: Instituto de Ciencias Marinas de Andalucia-CSIC
Campus universitario Rio San Pedro, 11510, Puerto Real, Cádiz, España
email: jluis.palazon <@t> icman.csic.es; jose.palazon <@t> ne.udo.edu.ve
tlf: +34-956832612; fax: +34-956834701; cell: +34-600487100