[Histonet] Leica/Jung 2030 Microtome Ergonomic Handle Extension

Gagnon, Eric gagnone <@t> KGH.KARI.NET
Wed Dec 7 14:06:20 CST 2011

I'm looking for vendors who sell microtome handle extensions (vendors welcome to respond to list or directly to me).  Has anyone purchased these?  I'm looking for contact information and details/costs.

We need to make microtomy as ergonomic as possible for microtomists who have difficulty moving the wheel through its normal full range of motion on a manual rotary microtome (Leica/Jung 2030 and 2035).  We are automating with motorized microtomes, but still have manual microtomes in use.

The recommendation in the literature is for an extension for the large wheel handle.  This would be either Z-shape, pistol-grip or other design, with the goal being bringing the handle 3-4 inches closer to the microtomist throughout the wheel's range of motion.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Eric Gagnon MLT
Histology Laboratory
Kingston General Hospital