[Histonet] Histo Aide Duties

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 09:54:55 CST 2011

Embedding NO
Cutting ABSOLUTELY NO
Staining, ONLY if with auto-stainer (putting slides in/out of the instrument)
Cover-slipping ONLY with automatic instrument (slides in/out)
Sticking labels to hand written slides if the slides are not pre-written
Filing slides and blocks YES
Matching slides with paper work YES
Delivering slides to pathologists YES
Arranging blocks/slides to cut YES
Anything that does not involve a technical skill, training or certification.
A good laboratory aid doing all the above mentioned tasks can improve the histotechnologists productivity 2.5 times
René J.

--- On Wed, 12/7/11, Matthew Lunetta <MLunetta <@t> luhcares.org> wrote:

From: Matthew Lunetta <MLunetta <@t> luhcares.org>
Subject: [Histonet] Histo Aide Duties
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu, histonet-request <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Wednesday, December 7, 2011, 8:01 AM

Hey Histo Netters,
For the CAP pro's; I have been wondering what duties can a non-certified histo-aide preform in a CAP facility?
Other than accessioning.
Embedding? Cutting? Staining? Where is the CAP line on what is technical and what is non-tecnical?
I am not fluent in CAP and would like to know what you all think.
Thanks,
Matt Lunetta
BS HT(ASCP)

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----