[Histonet] Clostridium difficile - what do you do

Rob Geske rgeske_2000 <@t> yahoo.com
Sat Dec 3 17:10:49 CST 2011

Hi Brett,

you might want to take a look at the publication linked to below.  2% glutaraldehyde is indicated in some of the (many) references from the publication and you might consider that option (spiking your NBF with 2% glut) if it will not interfere with any of the procedures you have planned for the tissues.

regards & bona fortuna,
rob

Guideline for Disinfection and Sterilization in Healthcare Facilities, 2008 William A. Rutala, Ph.D., M.P.H.1,2, David J. Weber, M.D., M.P.H.1,2, and the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee (HICPAC)3 1Hospital Epidemiology University of North Carolina Health Care System Chapel Hill, NC 27514 2Division of Infectious Diseases University of North Carolina School of Medicine Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7030 1

http://www.cdc.gov/hicpac/pdf/guidelines/Disinfection_Nov_2008.pdf