[Histonet] Slides

Smith, Allen asmith <@t> mail.barry.edu
Tue Aug 30 09:38:26 CDT 2011

Try coating the slides yourself with Vector Labs "Vectabond."  Neither I nor any of my graduate students have ever lost a section from a slide coated with "Vectabond."

-Allen A. Smith, Ph.D.
Professor of Anatomy
Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine
Miami Shores, Florida

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] on behalf of Sheila Haas [micropathlabs <@t> yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 7:36 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Slides

Hi all! We are having issues with the tissue falling off of our slides during routine
staining. The tissue primarily lifts from the bottom sections on the slides. We have
had our stainer checked and have checked ourselves, the oven appears to be
working properly and the water pressure is fine. I tried two different slide manufacturers, both silane coated, and are getting the same result. Not sure where to go at this point except to try a"non-coated" slide. Any suggestions on a manufacturer or vendor??
Thanks in advance. Your help is always appreciated!

Sheila Haas
Laboratory Supervisor
MicroPath Laboratories, Inc.