[Histonet] RE: Embedding process improvement and competencyassessment

joelle weaver joelleweaver <@t> hotmail.com
Fri Aug 26 12:14:03 CDT 2011

I recall being told that one reason for the practical discontinuation, was that there were not enough well qualified judges for the practical work available at the ASCP, mostly populated with MT trained people in these roles? ..not sure if that is true.I am not offering that this is valid for a reason, just that this was the information I was given when I questioned the wisdom of that decision.  I do think that if you cheat, this will catch up with you,but unfortunately not immediately most of the time. Sadly I think it does serve to dilute the perception of, and respect for, those that had put forth the effort to acheive their best , and submit their best  slides(closest to perfection) by their own efforts. I can see it might be hard to prove cheaters, given the geographic area and number of people involved, but anyone who signed off on someone's misrepresented work, well they have to live with themselves and whatever the potential results to patients, colleagues et al.
Joelle

Joelle Weaver MAOM, BA, (HTL) ASCP