[Histonet] Re: Embedding process etc.

Bob Richmond rsrichmond <@t> gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 10:36:15 CDT 2011

Bill O'Donnell observes:

>>I once worked for a very demanding pathologist and because of his expectations, the whole crew put out near perfection. Pathologists that are "OK" with what they get, so long as they can make a diagnosis, are a huge part of that problem.<<

I very much agree, though I've often been guilty as charged. Edwards
Deming - whom of course American MBA's learn to ridicule - was very
much concerned with constant feedback, and constant attention to
fixing little problems before they turn into big problems.

The histotechnologist who never looks at a slide and the pathologist
who is afraid to complain about unsatisfactory work are two sides of
the same problem.

This month's Journal of Histotechnology has an article about quality
assurance of GI biopsies that everyone concerned with this issue
should read. I'll try to get review of it onto Histonet.

Bob Richmond
Samurai Pathologist
Knoxville TN