[Histonet] Re: Embedding process improvement and competency assessment

Johnson, Teri TJJ <@t> stowers.org
Thu Aug 25 09:36:29 CDT 2011

Dear Shelly,

I would work for you without reserve.

I have managed both cytometry and Electron Microscopy successfully, and I cannot do either technique. However, I understand enough about it to make sound decisions and empower my people enough that it works well. It is possible to do well if done properly. The hardest part is proving yourself to those who have preconceived notions as to your worth and suitability because you are not an HT.

Best wishes,

Teri Johnson, HT(ASCP)QIHC
Head, Histology and Electron Microscopy
Stowers Institute for Medical Research