[Histonet] Embedding process improvement and competency assessment

joelle weaver joelleweaver <@t> hotmail.com
Wed Aug 24 13:33:49 CDT 2011

Some time ago I did a NSH teleconference on process improvement, and chose to apply the methodology to the embedding task. I had a handout for measurement of embedding competency and also training information( skills needed and assessment ideas), with specific discussin on tissue orientation for different tissue types. I had circulated it to a few folks who seemed to find it helpful in the past. I believe that the information may still be available from the NSH website, where their link is to teleconferences. It might be particularly helpful for a supervisor/manager,  who does not directly do this task, and/or someone who wants a way to objectify and quantify competency and performance for the purposes of training, process improvement,standardization and use in annual competency or evaluations. This should be something that is pretty easy to do once you sit down to your procedures and processes and do the initial organization of your information.
-Joelle

Joelle Weaver MAOM, BA, (HTL) ASCP