[Histonet] RE: True-Bond 380 slides

Morken, Timothy Timothy.Morken <@t> ucsfmedctr.org
Fri Aug 19 10:14:24 CDT 2011

James, I've seen this with other slides as well and it seems to be limited to specific lots. We will go many months without seeing it and then see it in a new lot. A different lot will be clean. I think it's just manufacturing variables.

Tim Morken
Supervisor, Histology, IPOX
UCSF Medical Center
San Francisco, CA, USA
-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Vickroy, Jim
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2011 4:59 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] True-Bond 380 slides

Recently we switched to a different slide, cost savings.   The slide is called True-Bond 380.  This morning we noticed that the slides had an eosin tint in the background.   We are going to play with it to get rid of it but has anybody else experienced this problem and how did they solve it?  We are going to extend the 95% after hematoxylin but just wanted other ideas.

James Vickroy BS, HT(ASCP)

Surgical  and Autopsy Pathology Technical Supervisor
Memorial Medical Center
217-788-4046

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.