[Histonet] Re: Histonet Digest, Vol 93, Issue 24

Jennifer Sipes jengirl1014 <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Aug 18 12:34:56 CDT 2011

Hi everyone!

First let me thank EVERYONE for the huge response on the H&E stain on frozen tissue!!! My slides turned out great!

Now, I've got a question that I'm thinking will stump you as much as it's stumped a co-worker and I!  She is doing a study on the mucus membrane in the intestinal tract(cecum and colon mainly) of the mouse.  She tried flushing the fecal matter out of the colon and cecum but lost the membrane.  She decided to leave the fecal matter in, however now when I section it, it tears up my blade and gives sections that are not all that great.  I was wondering if anyone knows how to acheive great sections while keeping the membrane?

Thank you so much in advance for any and all help you can give us!

Regards,

Jen

Jennifer K. Sipes, ALAT
Sr. Laboratory Technician