[Histonet] glass and humidity

Clare Thornton CThornton <@t> dahlchase.com
Mon Aug 15 08:29:45 CDT 2011

Has anyone ever done any sort of test/experiment of the effect humidity might have on slides?  Last summer we had an issue with inconsistent staining with our IHC and we finally attributed it to the positive charge on the slide being uneven somehow, causing reagents to pool in some areas on the slide and not on others.  The issue resolved in October, but has over the past week resurfaced again.  We buy our slides in bulk and store them at our courier division, in a non-climate controlled facility.  We're beginning to think it's humidity that might be affecting the slides, but we can't say for sure.  Does anyone else have any experience with this sort of thing?

Clare J. Thornton, HTL(ASCP), QIHC
Assistant Histology Supervisor
Dahl-Chase Diagnostic Services
417 State Street, Suite 540