[Histonet] Re: GROSSING

Bob Richmond rsrichmond <@t> gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 21:23:26 CDT 2011

Kathy Gorham H.T. asks:

>>We are looking at getting a pathologist resident for the first time. What can anyone tell me about what we need to allow him to do gross?  Do we need a certificate of any kind? Thanks and have a great day.<<

A pathology resident had better be able to gross, though you should
check - some of them are quite poorly trained in it.

The resident may need a state medical license in the state he's
working in, and some residents aren't licensed. You should ask your
pathologist to check into this. You may need a photocopy of his state
license and other credentials for your files.

Bob Richmond
Samurai Pathologist
Knoxville TN

More information about the Histonet mailing list