[Histonet] Job available in Massachusetts
Kathleen.Cormier <@t> crl.com
Tue Aug 9 09:30:03 CDT 2011
Charles River Laboratories has an immediate opening in Wilmington
Please apply directly on the website, if interested in this job.
USA - MA - Wilmington
This position is responsible for performing basic histology procedures
in the laboratory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Adhere to Good Laboratory Practice documentation policies while
performing all histology lab procedures.
* Follow all established departmental Standard Operating Procedures
(SOPs) and laboratory safety policies.
* Coordinate and file all procedural paperwork.
* Prepare basic reagents and stains used in the laboratory.
* Identify, locate and trim normal and abnormal formalin fixed tissue.
* Trim and decalcify small animal bone specimens.
* Embed single and multiple tissues.
* Microtome section single and multiple embedded tissue paraffin blocks.
* Stain slides for hematoxylin and eosin both manually and by using
automated staining equipment.
* Manually perform special histochemical stains (e.g. Gram, Warthin
* Coverslip stained slides both manually and by using automated
* Perform and document routine preventative maintenance on automated
* Identify normal basic organs (lungs, heart, liver, spleen, kidney)
stained with H&E microscopically.
* File paraffin blocks, stained slides and fixed tissue according.
* Package, label and ship pathology specimens.
* Handle and dispose hazardous chemicals and biological material
according to laboratory safety policy.
* Use document control system for updating and implementing controlled
* Accession and enter data regarding specimens using department
* Perform all other related duties as assigned.
* Education: Associate's degree (A.A./A.S.) in biological science
required. Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) preferred.
* Experience: 0 to 1 year.
* Certification/Licensure: None.
* Other: None.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Charles River Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer who values
diversity in the workplace.
Charles River Laboratories
Accelerating Drug Development. Exactly.
Notice - This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and may contain privileged and/or proprietary information. You must not
disclose this message to another party without Charles River's express
written consent. If you are not the intended recipient you must not
copy, distribute or use this email or the information contained in it
for any purpose other than to notify us. If you have received this
message in error, please notify Charles River immediately, and delete it
from your system.
More information about the Histonet