[Histonet] Grossing tech openings in Westchester Cty NY
brian <@t> prometheushealthcare.com
Tue Aug 9 09:14:09 CDT 2011
Please contact me today for immediate consideration. Both day and night
shift available. If you might know anyone who would be interested, that
would be great as well!
Perform duties that relate to the histology specimen grossing of surgically
removed tissue under the supervision of the Pathology Assistant /
Pathologist and/or laboratory supervisor.
* Ensure specimen integrity upon arrival and through out the entire
* Dictate a gross description for each biopsy specimen, dissect and
prepare tissue for cassettes.
* Gross core needle biopsy and all anatomical pathology specimens
(under the supervision of a Pathologist Assistant and /or pathologist).
* Prepare dissected tissue specimens and place into cassettes.
* Load prepared cassettes in Tissue Processors.
* Operation of all tissue processors.
* Familiar with safety procedures and standard operating procedures.
* Compliance with all Federal and State regulations pertaining to
* Adhere to workload requirements.
* Maintenance of accurate work records (i.e., Maintenance Logs, Filter
Logs, Bench Excerpts etc.).
* Able to evaluate new laboratory equipment and procedures.
* Able to perform Quality Control and Quality Assurance Procedures.
* Working knowledge and understanding of TPS / Lab Manager IS System.
* Assist in the professional development of laboratory aides.
* Daily housekeeping.
. Associated Degree in Biology and Chemistry; or successful
completion of a NAACLS Accredited Histotechnology Program; or Associate
Degree with at least 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of academic credit
from a regionally accredited college/university with a combination of 12
semester hours (18 quarter hours) of biology and chemistry. Must be NY State
License for CLT or HT.
. 3-4 Years as a grossing technician
* Must be able to work with hazardous chemicals.
* Knowledgeable in the handling of specimens from accessioning to
final specimen storage.
* Working knowledge of laboratory organization, operational
procedures, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, and laboratory safety.
* Working knowledge and understanding of computers.
* Cooperative working relationships with peers and management.
* Dependable, flexible and adaptable in all aspects of work.
* Brian Feldman
* Prometheus Healthcare
* Office 301-693-9057
* Fax 301-368-2478
* brian <@t> prometheushealthcare.com
<mailto:brian <@t> prometheushealthcare.com>
* www.prometheushealthcare.com <http://www.prometheushealthcare.com/>
* *** Stay up to date on the newest positions and healthcare trends
nationwide on Twitter!***
More information about the Histonet