[Histonet] knife used for cleaning paraffin off the blocks

Grantham, Andrea L - (algranth) algranth <@t> email.arizona.edu
Mon Aug 8 10:26:58 CDT 2011

Actually we have a ParaTrimmer too - it was not that expensive and we love it. We paid @ $500 for ours and I see the they are a bit more expensive now - list price anyway.
To solve the drip problem I put one of the tops from the boxes of pipette tips under the ledge and it catches all the drips. When the paraffin hardens you can just pop it out and when the "drip catcher" gets nasty we just throw it away and get another one.