[Histonet] RE: knife used for cleaning paraffin off the blocks

Mayer,Toysha N TNMayer <@t> mdanderson.org
Mon Aug 8 10:15:20 CDT 2011


I use a dental knife used for trimming dentures.  It is by Buffalo Dental.  It has a wooden handle (similar to an old paring knife), but a small blade and fits great in my hands (which are kinda big).  
You can also try a company that sells dissecting instuments.  Really what you are looking for is a scalpel or cartilage knife.  I have recommended DR Instruments to my students.

Toysha N. Mayer, MBA, HT (ASCP)
Education Coordinator
Program in Histotechnology
School of Health Professions
MD Anderson Cancer Center
(713) 563-3481
tnmayer <@t> mdanderson.org

Hi All,

I wonder if someone could help me with this!

I am looking for a stainless steel knife that we use to scrape off the 
paraffin from the embedded blocks.  I could not find the 6 inches size 
knife in any catalog. 

Thanks in advance


Nirmala Srishan
Histology Supervisor
Holy Name Medical Center.

More information about the Histonet mailing list