[Histonet] RE: Diff-Quik stain

Burton, Lynn Lynn.Burton <@t> Illinois.gov
Wed Apr 27 16:04:24 CDT 2011

Fisher has a Hema 3 System in 500mL bottles for $144.75 that I use.
Lynn Burton
Lab Assoc I
Animal Disease Lab
Galesburg, Il
309-344-2451
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Shirley A. Powell [POWELL_SA <@t> mercer.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 3:52 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Diff-Quik stain

Hi Guys,

I am looking for diff-quick stain kits that are economical.  My pathologist is contemplating another medical mission trip to Haiti and I need to locate a kit that she can take with her for blood smears.  I have found a few upwards of $600 but she does not need a gallon of each of the solutions.  If you know of a supplier of smaller volumes or even if you have protocols where you make your own, please share.

Vendors comments are welcome if you contact me personally, please do not flood histonet with ads.

Thanks in advance.

Shirley

Shirley A. Powell, HT(ASCP)HTL, QIHC
Technical Director