[Histonet] Mohs Key Performane Indicators (Recuts)

Della Speranza, Vinnie dellav <@t> musc.edu
Tue Apr 26 16:19:33 CDT 2011

I would think that the reason for the recut is relevant to the discussion. We have a multi surgeon Mohs Surgery clinic and I've tracked recut requests by surgeon and the data illustrates what I already knew. We have one surgeon who prefers to go deeper into virtually every block. In this instance it is not a quality indicator but rather an indicator of practice style.

It sounds like your environment is a single surgeon practice which should simplify developing your own quality standards. I am not aware that such standards exist but you may consider contacting the Mohs College with your question.

Vinnie Della Speranza
Manager for Anatomic Pathology Services
165 Ashley Avenue Suite 309
Charleston, SC 29425
tel. 843-792-6353
fax. 843-792-8974

              Learn more about Histotechnology Professionals Day at
                                            www.nsh.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Martino T.
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2011 5:22 PM
To: Histo Net
Subject: [Histonet] Mohs Key Performane Indicators (Recuts)

Hello,

I work for a Mohs surgeon who wants to establish key performance indicators (KPIs) for the mohs techs to evaluate daily performance. Does anyone have any information of surveys or standards for the number of recuts per day or per block as a measure for quality Mohs sectioning? She's working with a standard that 4 or less recuts in a day (average 30 to 50 blocks per day) is quality work. Has anyone come up with standards in this regard for Mohs sectioning?

Thanks in advance,

Martino Tanner

"Life can either be accepted or changed. If it is not accepted, it must be changed. If it cannot be changed, then it must be accepted."